Thursday, November 10, 2005

Footnotes of note.

The first in what is sure to be an arhythmically occurring feature:

I'm trying to work out how this makes sense as a noun meaning "the product of a bowel movement." This is not Dawson's personal euphemistic misstep; the usage persists in medical writing today. Should you have had the forturne of visiting a web page called The Constipation Page, you will [sic] have seen the phrase, "the motion or stool is very dry or hard." Perhaps this is why the term "motion pictures" was replaced by "movies." Now that I see it on the page, "movie" would have been a far better BM euphemism than "motion." I'd love to chat, but I need to make a movie.


Which is something Joe Esterhaus used to say quite regularly. Spotted in Roach, Spook, page 116.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jax said...

Man, this made my Sunday morning!!

Movie of the Week...
Movie Critic's Choice...

I saw a movie last week and man, it STANK!:)

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home