Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Feeling cruddy.

Perhaps you caught The Tournament of Books, hosted a ways back by the fine folks at The Morning News. Not to be outdone, the priapic proprietors of TMFTML and Lindsayism have initiated The Tournament of Exes, the winner of which shall receive the first annual Cruddy Award for best ex story. I was honored to be asked to judge a few entries -- those that know me well know I'm a judgmental prick (just ask the wife) -- and you can read two such stories and my response at the Cruddy site.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As the author of exposed, the story you knocked out, I'd say that you were correct in your selection of the post-robbery robotic break-up tale as the landslide victor.

I should mention, because you wondered, that my father was a librarian and I lived in a pretty small town, so, that's how the staff recognized me from the photos. Still, it was a pretty paltry tale compared to the others posted since.

Thanks for your comments. They made me laugh.

I think I'll avoid writing about geezers and libraries for awhile.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Prof. Drew LeDrew said...

Holy crap, I'm glad you have a sense of humor. Also, your dad was a librarian -- at the library in question? How/why did that not make it into the story? Anyway, sorry to make light of your misery, and thanks for being a good sport about it.

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home